Signal in the Noise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Our First Video in a Series
Beauty of The Universe: Hubble Images EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 10:00 pm by Copernicus

» Pluto: Up Close and Odd
Beauty of The Universe: Hubble Images EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 7:31 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» EU Chief Speaks of Alien contact?
Beauty of The Universe: Hubble Images EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 9:11 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» Earth-like Seas of Europa
Beauty of The Universe: Hubble Images EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 5:57 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» Europa's Epsom Salt May Indcate Lfe
Beauty of The Universe: Hubble Images EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 3:55 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» Mission Jupiter - Documentary Regarding the Juno Mission
Beauty of The Universe: Hubble Images EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 12:11 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» Jupiter Flyby
Beauty of The Universe: Hubble Images EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 12:08 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» To Bravely Go...
Beauty of The Universe: Hubble Images EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 1:21 am by Jackie (Admin)

» UFO Alien Spacecraft lands on the Moon HD
Beauty of The Universe: Hubble Images EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 10:32 pm by Path Walker

» Knicks basketball star claims he was 'actually abducted by ALIENS two weeks ago'
Beauty of The Universe: Hubble Images EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 12:14 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» Vertical metallic ufo drops orbs on mexico city
Beauty of The Universe: Hubble Images EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:27 am by Jackie (Admin)

» Please Check this: UFO Near Edwards Air Force Base, Southern California, 1954
Beauty of The Universe: Hubble Images EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:00 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» Unified Weird Theory by Christopher Loring Knowles
Beauty of The Universe: Hubble Images EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 12:26 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» Kepler’s New Planets
Beauty of The Universe: Hubble Images EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:40 pm by Copernicus

» Mercedes-Benz Video Captures Something Alien Afoot
Beauty of The Universe: Hubble Images EmptyTue May 07, 2013 11:36 pm by Jackie (Admin)

Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON

Beauty of The Universe: Hubble Images

Go down

Beauty of The Universe: Hubble Images Empty Beauty of The Universe: Hubble Images

Post  Jackie (Admin) Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:57 am

Hubble pics set to music

Beauty of the Universe:

Is a compilation of some of Hubble's best photos from hubblesite.org. This was made in memory of Carl Sagan and includes some quotes from him. In the clip I go through the number of stars and galaxies and show how vast and awe inspiring the universe is, trying to make you feel small. I give an approximated calculation on the number of planets with life there could be, taking the chance of life arising as 1 in 1,000,000,000 which i believe is quite conservative. After making you feel small, i remind you of the overwheilming improbability of your existence which leads to your ultimate significance.

The Universe is a brilliant mix of the best of the Hubble images combined with spine tingling and humbling bits of knowledge about the universe.

The size of the universe was taken from an article published on www.space.com in 2004

If anyone has any questions or comments please don't hesitate to ask me anything either in a message or comment. I will try to reply in under 3 days. I'm quite passionate about this subject and so any questions really interests me. Don't Hold back.

nasa.gov "How Big is the Milky Way? Imagine that our entire Solar System were the size of a quarter. The Sun is now a microscopic speck of dust, as are its nine planets, whose orbits are represented by the flat disc of the coin. How far away is the nearest star to our sun? In our model, Proxima Centauri (and any planets that might be around it) would be another quarter, two soccer fields away. This is the typical separation of stars in our part of the galaxy. " - There are about 400,000,000,000 stars in the milky way, imagine how far away the furthest one would be.

My planets with life calculation was as follows

125,000,000,000(galaxies) x 100,000,000,000(stars per galaxy) = 12,500,000,000,000,000,000,000(stars)
if 1 in 10 stars had planets(a fair estimate) and the average number of planets per star was 5(another fair estimate) then there would be 6,250,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets in the universe.
If we then take the chance of life arising as 1 in 1,000,000,000(which i believe to be very conservative) then there would still be:

6,250,000,000,000 planets with life in the universe (a very conservative figure)

I hope you enjoy. All comments, massages, ratings and subscriptions are appreciated.
Thanks heaps, have a good day
- Daniel

https://www.youtube.com/user/AvidAstronomer
Jackie (Admin)
Jackie (Admin)
Admin

https://signal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down