Signal in the Noise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Our First Video in a Series
Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 10:00 pm by Copernicus

» Pluto: Up Close and Odd
Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 7:31 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» EU Chief Speaks of Alien contact?
Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 9:11 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» Earth-like Seas of Europa
Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 5:57 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» Europa's Epsom Salt May Indcate Lfe
Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 3:55 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» Mission Jupiter - Documentary Regarding the Juno Mission
Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 12:11 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» Jupiter Flyby
Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 12:08 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» To Bravely Go...
Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 1:21 am by Jackie (Admin)

» UFO Alien Spacecraft lands on the Moon HD
Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 10:32 pm by Path Walker

» Knicks basketball star claims he was 'actually abducted by ALIENS two weeks ago'
Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 12:14 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» Vertical metallic ufo drops orbs on mexico city
Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:27 am by Jackie (Admin)

» Please Check this: UFO Near Edwards Air Force Base, Southern California, 1954
Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:00 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» Unified Weird Theory by Christopher Loring Knowles
Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 12:26 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» Kepler’s New Planets
Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:40 pm by Copernicus

» Mercedes-Benz Video Captures Something Alien Afoot
Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii EmptyTue May 07, 2013 11:36 pm by Jackie (Admin)

Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON

Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii

3 posters

Go down

Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii Empty Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii

Post  Jackie (Admin) Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:46 pm

"Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii

Posted Feb 3, 2012 6:32 PM by Michael Stoltz
[ updated Feb 3, 2012 6:32 PM ]

By Clara Moskowitz, SPACE.com, 02.03.12

If you've ever dreamed of becoming an astronaut and have four months to spare, you might have the "right stuff" to fly to Mars … well, sort of.

Scientists at Cornell University studying how best to feed Mars-bound astronauts during their long space trip to the Red Planet have dreamed up a mock mission to see how appetites and food preferences can change over time. The researchers are looking for six volunteers to live and work like astronauts for four months inside a faux space capsule in Hawaii..."

For more information, please follow the links:

For details on how to apply to the Hawaii Space Exploration Analogue & Simulation, go here: http://manoa.hawaii.edu/hi-seas/.

To read the entire article, go here:
http://www.marssociety.org/home/press/news/wantedmockastronautsformissiontomarsinhawaii

We would certainly like a report if any of our readers take part in this! Cool
Jackie (Admin)
Jackie (Admin)
Admin

https://signal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii Empty Re: Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii

Post  rick1959 Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:50 pm

Thank You for letting us know about this opportunity Jackie!

While I'd Love to consider it because it is in Hawaii, me thinks my 53 years of life may make me ineligible...

Sure would be interesting to hear if some one goes there....It brings up memories of the first Twilight Zone episode in 1959.......Would it be similar?

Cheers, Rick ;-)
rick1959
rick1959

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii Empty Re: Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii

Post  Jackie (Admin) Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:00 am

Well, I think I am a bit out of the league as well, Rick *lol*, but it would be incredible to have been a part of this, I would imagine.

Could you share a bit about that first episode?
Jackie (Admin)
Jackie (Admin)
Admin

https://signal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars ... in Hawaii Empty "Where Is Everybody?" - The Twilight Zone

Post  rick1959 Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:58 am

Hello Jackie & Everyone!

A Wikipedia summary can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_Is_Everybody%3F

This was the premiere episode of The Twilight Zone in October, 1959.

It deals with the loneliness of distant space travel. In the case of this episode, it was the moon.

We have made apparent great strides in allowing the body to survive remarkable challenges. How about the mind?

And I also wonder whether the human body would withstand the tremendous stress of long distance space travel under current methods of space travel.....Look at 2001: A Space Odyssey to see how the space travelers dealt with their flight.....

Guess this Hawaii project may help answer some of the questions engineers have. My question is whether it would answer the real questions they need answered.....

Cheers, Rick :-)
rick1959
rick1959

Back to top Go down

Post  Copernicus Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:14 pm

I sure hope they don't have a badly programmed IBM mainframe that has access to the internet!

Scary thought!! Exclamation

C
Copernicus
Copernicus

Back to top Go down

Post  rick1959 Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:42 pm

Is that the one they call HAL 9000?....:-)
rick1959
rick1959

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down