Signal in the Noise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Our First Video in a Series
Odds & Ends - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 10:00 pm by Copernicus

» Pluto: Up Close and Odd
Odds & Ends - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 7:31 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» EU Chief Speaks of Alien contact?
Odds & Ends - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 9:11 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» Earth-like Seas of Europa
Odds & Ends - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 5:57 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» Europa's Epsom Salt May Indcate Lfe
Odds & Ends - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 3:55 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» Mission Jupiter - Documentary Regarding the Juno Mission
Odds & Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 12:11 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» Jupiter Flyby
Odds & Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 12:08 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» To Bravely Go...
Odds & Ends - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 1:21 am by Jackie (Admin)

» UFO Alien Spacecraft lands on the Moon HD
Odds & Ends - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 10:32 pm by Path Walker

» Knicks basketball star claims he was 'actually abducted by ALIENS two weeks ago'
Odds & Ends - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 12:14 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» Vertical metallic ufo drops orbs on mexico city
Odds & Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:27 am by Jackie (Admin)

» Please Check this: UFO Near Edwards Air Force Base, Southern California, 1954
Odds & Ends - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:00 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» Unified Weird Theory by Christopher Loring Knowles
Odds & Ends - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 12:26 pm by Jackie (Admin)

» Kepler’s New Planets
Odds & Ends - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:40 pm by Copernicus

» Mercedes-Benz Video Captures Something Alien Afoot
Odds & Ends - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 11:36 pm by Jackie (Admin)

Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON

Odds & Ends

+2
Jackie (Admin)
Copernicus
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Empty Re: Odds & Ends

Post  Jackie (Admin) Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:43 pm

Merry Christmas to you as well, Copernicus. Thank you for illuminating all that come your way...Here's to your hard work, and the inspiration you bring. Like a Star @ heaven
Jackie (Admin)
Jackie (Admin)
Admin

https://signal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Empty Alien Skull

Post  Copernicus Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:00 pm

In current news is the story that Arizona State University, which hosts the LROC site, is programming computers to look for signs of aliens in LROC images… Since I believe they are looking for straight edges, in all likelihood they would miss this next image.

No collection of Lunar anomaly images would be complete without an image of an alien skull, so today I will provide just that!

I have taken the liberty of rotating the image, and this is how it appears when approaching from the east.

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Skull-hr400rot

Notice the very high forehead and the short jaws on the skull at the top of the image!

A bonus: the formation at the bottom right appears similar to the toy where you build segmented insects.

I realize that this may become, um, controversial, so I have taken the liberty of, uh, airbrushing the NAC number out, so that the skull (and insect) won’t disappear any time soon! Wink

Remember, you saw it here first! Very Happy

C
Copernicus
Copernicus

Back to top Go down

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Empty Bravo C!!

Post  rick1959 Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:34 pm

Excellent!!!

Do you think what Arizona is doing is "prearranged"? Like letting the cat out of the bag incrementally?

Just a thought....................

GREAT WORK ON THIS PHOTO!!!!

:-) affraid
rick1959
rick1959

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackie (Admin) Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Interesting skull, Copernicus...

Thank you for demonstrating why though it is an excellent idea to search with computer software - Research such as yours is crucial. Thanks for the hard work you do!

Like a Star @ heaven
Jackie (Admin)
Jackie (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Copernicus Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:41 pm

@Rick

I think the backer of the ASU search, Paul Davies, is quite serious in his proposal to look for signs of aliens on the Moon. The timing of this story, 9 months later, is more what I am wondering about.

C
Copernicus
Copernicus

Back to top Go down

Post  rick1959 Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:58 pm

Yes...I have to wonder how it might affect government funding of research at Arizona....Do you think that might be an idea of substance? Thanks, Rick
rick1959
rick1959

Back to top Go down

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Empty Balancing Rock

Post  Copernicus Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:32 pm

Earth has them… and even Mars has them… so why not the Moon? I’ve never seen one on the Moon before… until now!

No image collection would be complete without a “balancing rock” picture, and so today I’d like to present the only balancing rock on the Moon… at least so far!

The following image is once again from the crater Aristarchus… Look to the center of the image beside the “river”…

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Balrock100-1

It is a little hard to see here, so I’ll zoom in to 300%:

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Balrock300-1

I must admit that the rock appears to be ‘cheating’, and seems to have a strut holding it upright at the left on the bottom! Wink

Anyway, I felt this would be appropriate as we approach the cusp of the New Year… on the balance of the old and the new, so-to-speak.

Here’s wishing everyone a Happy New Year!! clown

I personally feel that 2012 will be a ‘signal’ year for all sorts of new happenings… and new and exciting ideas!! Perhaps more people will awaken to the wonders of the universe!

And @ Rick: Look for the light at the end of the tunnel.

Copernicus
Copernicus
Copernicus

Back to top Go down

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Empty Here's to looking....

Post  rick1959 Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:38 pm

Happy New Year!!!
rick1959
rick1959

Back to top Go down

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Empty Balancing Rock

Post  MysteryShySoul Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:04 pm

~Copernicus~

Thank you so much for the pictures of the moon. Sorry its been so long since I've been on but thought I'd check the site while I have some free time. I really enjoy how you show us pieces of the moon we could never dream of seeing before. Keep up the great work.

Take care
Rhiannon
MysteryShySoul
MysteryShySoul

Back to top Go down

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Empty Radar

Post  Copernicus Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:09 pm

Thank you, Mystery!!

Time… for the first post of 2012!

Today I have a simple feature where the object in the light seems to have a mismatched shadow.

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Radar100

As you can see, this is a small feature, and we will need to zoom in to see it properly.

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Radar300

Now we can see what appears to be a smooth rock with a bit of a protrusion on the end… not particularly noteworthy.

But… the rock’s shadow, to the left, seems to show something different! What we see appears to be a classic radar dish, with a long spike in the center!

With only one image available of this object, it’s not possible to determine whether the spike shadow is actually from the rock… or something else.

Until next time…

C
Copernicus
Copernicus

Back to top Go down

Post  rick1959 Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:43 pm

Thank You for the continuing excellent work!!!

I'm curious as to how big the "radar dish" might look to be? Any thought's?

And please forgive me, but when was this photo taken? 1969?

And not that it really matters, but how far away is this location relative to our moon landing sites?

The anomalies keep coming to your sharp eye!

Many thanks, Rick
rick1959
rick1959

Back to top Go down

Post  Copernicus Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:57 pm

@Rick

Hi, the rock object is about 11 feet in diameter, and the image was taken on Nov19/10. The location is near the crater Copernicus B, well away from the Apollo landing sites.

On your previous question, I think the program would be funded separate from the rest.

Hope this helps.

C
Copernicus
Copernicus

Back to top Go down

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Empty Blowing Dust

Post  Copernicus Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Hello everyone!

I have been extremely busy in the last while, so my weekly post is slightly overdue. Today’s post is rather subtle, and I originally thought this anomaly would be too subtle for most people, but an anomaly is an anomaly!

Here is what appears to be a simple crater…

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Blowdust100

When zoomed up a notch, we can see it a little better:

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Blowdust200

While looking at this crater, I was struck by the appearance of the 2 fantails of dust emerging from the crater to the East. To me, it seemed like each dust stream was the exhaust from separate fans in the crater!

Here, I’ve arrowed each stream:

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Blowdust-lbl

Now, a second high res image of this should show differences in the dust streams if this was the case, but… yes, you guessed it… there’s only the one high res image of this.

Until, next time!

C
Copernicus
Copernicus

Back to top Go down

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Empty Fascinating!!

Post  rick1959 Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi C,

Interesting stuff! I'd never have seen that myself and I used to do close inspection......

Anyway, what do you think might create that sort of image? Any chance of image anomaly?

I'm trying to imagine what would need that kind of ducting..... Since "blowing dust" would need some sort of force acting on the surface dust to move it......We saw that in Lunar Module departure (and arrival) footage....Or maybe some something spewing from underneath the crater, but what?

I remember hearing an interview on TV as a kid from some NASA guy explaining how the dust, when disturbed, would fly in a straight line, only affected by gravity. Since the moon is (was?) apparently gas-less or "void", there was no gases (air) to cause the dust to create a "cloud". It simply flew along until gravity pulled it back to the surface.....Seemed they referred to "2001: A Space Odyssey" saying that was the one photographic "blooper" in the movie: Dust swirling on the moon surface when one of the craft was landing......

Great stuff!! Thanks C!!!!
rick1959
rick1959

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackie (Admin) Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:46 am

Your posts are always thought provoking, Copernicus. Whatever it is in that image, thanks for taking the time to find it and share it! Like a Star @ heaven
Jackie (Admin)
Jackie (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Copernicus Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:14 pm

@Rick

It just appeared to me that the dust was being blown out of the crater by something...

C
Copernicus
Copernicus

Back to top Go down

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Empty Cave Candidate Aristarchus 2

Post  Copernicus Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:07 pm

Good afternoon everyone, and time for another post!

Though not an actual oddity, it is always interesting to find another cave or pit on the Moon. Today I have another triangular pit (or cave) candidate for you, and once again it is in the crater Aristarchus.

To locate this one, we will reference Cave Candidate Ari1 previously posted in this thread.

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Ari2_loc

As you can see, this new pit is south of Ari1.

Here it is at full res:

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Ari2_100-2

And then at 200%...

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Ari2_200-2

There are 2 additional high res NAC’s of this pit, if anyone (James/LCG?) is interested.

So… that’s 2 triangular pits in Aristarchus… could there be more? Wink

That’s all for now!

C
Copernicus
Copernicus

Back to top Go down

Post  rick1959 Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Copernicus wrote:@Rick

It just appeared to me that the dust was being blown out of the crater by something...

C

Hi C !

What would create that "something"? Seems there might be some sort of impact, perhaps? I dunno....I'm trying to "rule out" what might be some sort of natural phenomenon....Then, contemplate what might be possible causes.....

Certainly would suggest, after ruling out conventional explanations, that the "hollow moon" theory might not be so bizarre after all.....

Have a great night, Rick :-)
rick1959
rick1959

Back to top Go down

Post  Copernicus Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:43 pm

@Rick

If another image of the blowing dust became available and it showed a different pattern to the dust streams, then it would seem to indicate an underground installation of some sort. This would not even come close to validating the “hollow moon” hypothesis, though.

C
Copernicus
Copernicus

Back to top Go down

Post  rick1959 Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:15 pm

Copernicus wrote:@Rick

If another image of the blowing dust became available and it showed a different pattern to the dust streams, then it would seem to indicate an underground installation of some sort. This would not even come close to validating the “hollow moon” hypothesis, though.

C

Thanks C!

I'd not think the "hollow moon" idea as a potential reality, but then truth is stranger than fiction......:-)

Do you think the current stereo mapping probes may yield some additional info?

My thought is, for the sake of argument, if there were some sort of sub-terrain operation going on that created the "exhaust", could it be shutdown during photography? Whether the two circumstances were related or not......

My hope is another smoking gun, er, photograph shows up!!

Cheers, Rick
rick1959
rick1959

Back to top Go down

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Empty Interesting points

Post  Jackie (Admin) Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Well, it will be interesting, I think...Your thoughts, Copernicus? study

Last edited by Jackie (Admin) on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jackie (Admin)
Jackie (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Empty Rolling Boulder (Large)

Post  Copernicus Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:02 pm

Well, January is almost over (yah!), and we’re just about ready to roll into February!

And speaking of rolling, today I have updated information on an old post from NASA and thelivingmoon .com concerning a large rolling boulder in the crater Vitello.

Here is Vitello at 64m/pixel…

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Vitello64

The approximate location of the boulder is marked with a small, light blue ‘x’.

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Lo5_168

Originally discovered by NASA way back when, this is what they had to say about it:

http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/html/object_page/lo5_h168_2.html

Lunar Orbiter 5 image of a boulder (just right of center) which has rolled and slid down a slope and left a trail on the Moon's surface. This is within the crater Vitello, and demonstrates the small role that such processes, called gravity wasting, have on the lunar surface. The main source of surface modification on the Moon is meteorite and micrometeorite bombardment.

Note this info:

Area or Feature Type: crater, landslide

Though the post on that page is 7 years old, there are links to download the image… it’s probably not worth downloading, though, given the low resolution (which is stated on the page as Instrument Resolution (pixels): Not Available).

Thelivingmoon .com did a feature post on this image, and there was some rather over-the-top speculation on whether this was actually a boulder or not.

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/43ancients/02files/Moon_Images_A06.html

Some of the links on the page no longer work, and you’ll note that the main Vitello image has the wrong orientation.

Anyway, the page is about 5 years old now, and obviously no one was all that interested in following it up with LROC images of the boulder… so I decided to do it! Very Happy

Here is the boulder at 50% of full size from LROC:

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Big50

And at full size:

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Big100

We might as well zoom in:

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Big300

Yep, looks like a boulder to me!!

There was also some speculation about the small rolling boulder to the right in the half-size image… about how its path had changed…

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Small100

And zoomed in…

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Small300

It also looks like a boulder to me.

So… as for the large boulder… it is about 93 feet long, and given NASA’s explanation for it, I still have to wonder what could start such a large object rolling!!

Until next time…

C

Last edited by Copernicus on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed a duplicate word)
Copernicus
Copernicus

Back to top Go down

Post  rick1959 Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:22 pm

Hello C,

Is it possible that some sort of tremor on the moon could be sufficient to cause these massive boulders to move?

Seems there was discussion about seismic activity on the moon...Wonder if that could be a source of motion?

I will look into it further...

Cheers, Rick
rick1959
rick1959

Back to top Go down

Post  Copernicus Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:47 pm

Hi Rick,

Any luck on the seismic activities research?

C
Copernicus
Copernicus

Back to top Go down

Odds & Ends - Page 2 Empty In a nutshell...

Post  rick1959 Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Hi C,

Hope all is well!

Well, what I find is the moon has been seismically dead for over 3 billion years (http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr161/lect/moon/moon_interior.html) and that most vibratory action comes from meteor impacts.

Fact is it is estimated that the actual activity is about 100 millionth of the earth's activity (http://www.asi.org/adb/m/03/07/seismic-activity.html), so it really minuscule.....

However, in the same reference mentioned in the statement above, there is evidence that the moon has "..very low elastic wave..." which translates into low attenuation of other shocks like meteor impacts. In addition, that allows shocks to the moon to reverberate for several minutes with slow decay of the vibration.

So briefly, it would seem that shocks to the moons surface (meteors) would be the source of energy which might "shake" the boulder and roll it along....perhaps....

It would be really neat if there were a way to determine whether the circumstances exist on the moon's surface to "enhance" the possibility of the boulders to move with some sort of vibration. Maybe a slight decline, for example....

Still the size of those boulders suggest they are pretty heavy and would need quite a bit of energy to move....Unless someone helped them along??

Cheers, Rick Question
rick1959
rick1959

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum